.

"You know, at one time, I used to break into pet shops to liberate the canaries. But I decided that was an idea way before its time. Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... oh my, how the world still dearly loves a cage."
-"Harold and Maude"

Monday, November 8, 2010

From a Civilian

I can't move on until I know where to go.
I am not in school.    
     okay.
I have no occupation.
     really?
I have no motivation.
     hmmm.
I don't know what to do.
     well...
I feel so young and naive.
I Am so young and naive.
     yeah...

Everyone asks me, "So, what do you do?"
Do?
I sit on my couch watching documentaries and taking notes. I smoke cigarettes and fidget with scraps of paper. I think too much, think about thinking too much, and think about how to not think so much. And I'd like to stay that way if possible.
So what do I say?
"Same old. You know, living life."  but of course that doesn't leave the person satisfied. They want the alma mater, job title, and letters at the end of a name.
Here's the things though-
Deep down I don't know if I care to be successful. I'm content with glue on my hands.

Why isn't that enough?

When I was little I wanted to grow up and be a mermaid. What does that tell you?

I Could:
Go back to school for Mental Health Technology
Become a journalist covering film and text
Travel/ Run away
Sit on my couch some more
Be a test study lab rat
Start a cult
Get a job in a vintage boutique
Sell drugs
Mermaid?

No comments:

Post a Comment