.

"You know, at one time, I used to break into pet shops to liberate the canaries. But I decided that was an idea way before its time. Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... oh my, how the world still dearly loves a cage."
-"Harold and Maude"

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Call Cannot Connect

Perhaps I'm misunderstood
because I don't explain myself.

I want it out of me.
Put it on paper?
Get a reaction of some kind?
Talking doesn't always do the trick
and some are hard of hearing

I've been told I talk at too rapid of a pace,
  and my stream of conscience doesn't flow
Told I'm not an outcast, but "unique"
Told I'm not deviant, but "opinionated"

Limitations and expectations stretch
the nodes and nodules squeeze

An odd fondness for humans, I have
We have to give a damn
  or we have to make it known that we don't give a damn
   which is really just giving a damn
     about not giving a damn

I've been told I think too much

Speaking in quips
making metaphors for life and time
 I come off as being a bit stuck in my own reality

No comments:

Post a Comment