.

"You know, at one time, I used to break into pet shops to liberate the canaries. But I decided that was an idea way before its time. Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... oh my, how the world still dearly loves a cage."
-"Harold and Maude"

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Big Bust

      Beau was driving because I was too tired from watching the guys play "Risk" all night. It was about 2:30 in the morning on Thanksgiving day. Sitting a vigilant passenger, I see a cop car and ask if we're going the speed limit. "Yeah. We're fine." he tells me.
Sirens.
      "Are you aware your license plate light is out?", the cop asks me. I tell her no and apologize. She says she's writing us a warning and will be right back with it.
But it seems to be taking awhile.  I assume it must be some sobriety checkpoint which is no problem since neither of us drinks. She comes back to the car and looks us both up and down.
      "Could you step out of the car please?"
      "What's going on?" Beau asks.
      "I'll explain over here" and she walks away.
I step out and see:
Two more cop cars had pulled up behind her car
A k9 unit being walked to my car
Beau being pat down and questioned
     They don't pay any attention to the small, white girl but they sure give the man with dread locks a hard time. He has nothing on him. They pry but I can't make out what they're saying to him.
     Finally, "Ma'am is this purse yours?", one of the cops asks me. He then asks if I know what would've alerted the dog. I tell him a minute amount of marijuana.
      The cops finally let Beau go and put me in the back of the cop car. They come back with 2 pipes, a gram of shwag, and my pill case.  "That looks like Hydrocodone" one cop says to the other, pointing to my multi-vitamin.  They decide to take it "to the lab to be tested".
Seriously?!
     I got a summons for possession and paraphernalia. My court date is the Dec.20th. I want to plead illegal search and seizure, profiling, and unnecessary force. Fuck Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment